Let’s get this started for a second time!
I managed to squash the first attempt at creating this hugo website by clobbering the files I’d edited using github. I would still call myself a github novice, and sometimes it shows.
Hopefully this time there’s less mess. I have started out correctly by getting all the github repository links set up before making any changes, so that I can commit changes as I make them now, as intended.
The bit that threw me off is the workflow of doing a
git init in a newly created hugo site, editing files, and then pushing those files onto the main branch of a brand new github repository. Whatever I did, all my edited files and new posts went missing from the source files. I still had the generated website running here, but no longer had the files I’d used to generate the site! 🤔
I felt a little ill after it happened, and set the hugo site aside for a week, and am now making another attempt at establishing this home for my garage network homelab. I have lots of fun ideas that I’d like to share, and have always wanted to host my own media, to be linked to from the popular social medias.